Monday, January 9, 2012

Making up for Lost time

Accumulated outfits in chronological order.  Yes, I am trying to be succinct.  No, I do not sound like a rude robot.



 jacket- thrifted; shirt- H&M; pants- UO/Free Market; boots- flea market; skull bracelet- street fair; flower bracelet- "antique" shop
In case you were wondering: yes, "being more organized/clean" is one of my 2012 resolutions. I think I was inspired by the whole "male rebel with feminine, bubble-gum poppy detail" vibe emulated in that editorial I posted up.  Too bad you can't see my shoes. They're simply fabulous! Maybe another time darling.
P.S. There is a huge chunk of mess that isn't mine.  We had guests over. So...ha?



dress- thrifted/farmer's market "garage sale"; skirt- homemade/mom-made; jacket- thrifted; tights- H&M; shoes- flea market;  skull bracelet- street fair; flower bracelet and wizard necklace- "antique" shop; scarf- China
Things I remember from that day: a girl told me I looked like I came out an issue of Fruits while I was waiting for a meeting with my advisor, my advisor did not help me at all with my next semester schedule, and I pet a corgi.  Wait...maybe the corgi-petting was the second meeting.  Hmm...anyway check out the shoes? 




dress- thrifted; shirt- thrifted/gap; black shirt- China; shoes- Converse; necklace- childhood/scholastic;  skull bracelet- street fair; flower bracelet- "antique" shop
One thing I wanted to do with this was mix girly and tomboy (hence the converse and plaid shirt). I added the sleeveless, sheer black shirt to add some shape/ subtract some frumpiness from the dress but that didn't really work out as well. I found the necklace over October break.  In elementary school, they were selling this as a package with this book about a girl who studies dolphins.  I bought the package because I wanted the necklace, thus starting a short-lived obsession with dolphins.  Hooray for materialistic whims!
P.S. Did you notice that my black ankle boots and that floral jacket are in every single fucking outfit so far.  And those goddamn bracelets.  Yeah, I don't overuse over-love jewelry/accessories/articles of clothing.  At all. 






sweater- gap; skirt- thrifted; shoes- flea market; ring- flea market; skull necklace- new age and wiccan place/ the dreaming goddess; necklace- street fair;  skull bracelet- street fair; flower bracelet- "antique" shop
Again, organization meet resolution.  I got really excited about this sweater because it reminded me of my book of vintage Fruits snaps.  Thus it's my Fruits-circa-1990s sweater.  Also, this skirt, when worn right, makes me feel like a pretty fairy. 

Wow that's a lot of visual input.  I should try doing less of these recaps and actually post outfits on time.  Yeah. That sounds like a good plan.  Why didn't I think of that sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment