Saturday, October 22, 2011

Your bathroom has candy dispensers? And strangely muscular robotic horse men?

This week I've been on October break, which, when event-less, creates laziness and lethargy. Broken macbook screens create tedious technical difficulties.  Thus, here is a short review of this week's more notable outfits:








bolero- thrifted; dress- lord and taylor; boots- tj maxx; sunglasses- mom's old; necklaces- nearby antique store, found, street fair; bracelet- college "flea market"; backpack- gift
I wore this last Tuesday when I visited my high school (aren't I sweet?).  This is probably the first time I wore it and I was very excited about it.  It's (kinda) like stain glass windows; I felt like a walking cathedral (that saint bracelet was appropriate wasn't it?).  This lady, who I used to hate/feud with, welcomed me and complimented me on my jacket.  I'm feeling uncomfortably ambivalent about this because, even though I was glad someone appreciated the jacket, it was a compliment from an old nemesis.  It felt awkward and surreal.





 tank top- urban outfitters; shirt- thrifted; jeans- Matthew Williamson for H&M; ankle boots- H&M; necklace- dreaming goddess/store near campus, found in house; bracelets- flea market, souvenir shop
After watching Pretty in Pink for the very first time, which I had mixed reviews for, I was trying to channel Duckie.  Is it just me or does the Duck Man creates such perfect harmony between awkwardly/expertly juxtaposed prints, blazers, bolo ties, and costume store glasses?

all from Pretty in Pink
And I guess Andie is cool too. But I digress:








































Sorry. Is too much of my teenage bedroom showing? Even though it's organized by my mom (she doesn't seem to understand the concept of not touching my shit) everything is very personal.  Too bad that I have to leave all these items here; my college dorm is way too crowded already. Anyway:



skirt- thrifted; sweater- target; tights- gifted/ anthropologie; clogs- steve madden/ loehmann's; hat- thrifted
This outfit shall be dubbed the awkward-library-outfit because I obviously wore this awkwardly while going on a trip to the library ha ha.  Except I didn't originally wear the hat (my hair was too oily to be be shown) and I originally wore punkrose, star print canvas sneakers.  I like mixing girly things (i.e. this skirt) with tomboyish things (i.e. sneakers)...I should do that more often.  Anyway, I wore this because I wanted to actually use the skirt since I took the effort of bringing it home.  Note the transition from bedroom to garage like a scene change from really bad horror movie or something.  Also note that I tried to do the same pose and how that makes it worse

Instead of blogging and watching vintage cartoons (i.e She-Ra and Bravestarr)  (the animation and concepts are really hilarious to me)(I mean, when He-man transforms, his shirt and tights disappear! And She-Ra's unicorn has a demonic voice!)(Did that robotic horse randomly become a robotic horse-man?), I should sleep. Yeah, I should really go to sleep.
what did you say boy? Sleep? Pfft Sleep is for the weak!

No comments:

Post a Comment