Monday, October 31, 2011

They took my face!


This is surreptitiously Halloween-related, and by "surreptitiously" I mean "I'm going to bs this so I can morph it into something Halloween-related".  Apparently this music video is big in Japan and I can see why: it's addicting.  Like candy. CANDY (which is Halloween-related because kids like to invade you property so they can get pillowcases full of candy)(and by kids, I mean me)(nah I'm kidding: correge students are too busy for trick-er-treating).  Not only it's a catchy song but this music video's producers thought it was an ingenious idea to shove everything cute into one 4+ min video.  Or, if it's creepy or something, like a skull or Jason's hockey mask (look at 2:57!), then add some girly colors to the motherfucker and it will become ~*~*~kawaii~*~*~.  And, you can't say that faceless dancer isn't creepy. Dude, even if she's pink like a flamingo overdosing on cotton candy, she has no face.  NO FACE.  SOMETHING TOOK HER FACE. (justin!).  Somehow it worked: every little girl and everyone who wished they were a little creepy girl (e.g. me) wished they had everything in that video.  I mean, there are unicorns. everywhere.

Anyway, a few minutes ago, I had the strangest urging to re-watch this again.  Upon watching it, I had an epiphany: I should've been this video for Halloween.  Because I definitely have eyeball print pants and/or gloves and hair long enough to put into perky pigtails (lies! denial! pizza!).  But, it's an addition to my list of things I should next year (because I *should* plan a year before because I'm not a loser who didn't know what the fuck to be this year).  Additionally, it has also been added to my inspiration list.  Kistchy? Yes! Cavity-inducing sweet? Yes!  Whilst creepy? YES.  Any corny macabre/"edgy" (blegh) references? YES. YES. YES.

I'm going to jet so I can post before the witching hour ends/before Hallow's eve is over.  Dammit.  I should have referred to witches and not sugary Japanese music videos.  Oh well!

Happy Halloween!
P.S. It was once showcased as one of thedailywhat's lights out features

No comments:

Post a Comment